1489 E. Motorplex Loop Gilbert,
Arizona 85297 ›
Sales: (877) 896-1626 ›
Service: (877) 896-1628 ›
Parts: (877) 896-1627
Designed to be the first LEED Certified Volkswagen Dealership in North America
- ALMOST 30% of the materials used to build the San Tan Volkswagen dealership came from recycled content.
- OVER 30% of the materials used to build the dealership came from within 500 miles of the building - saving carbon emissions and fossil fuels by sourcing regionally…AND the most impressive one, OVER 95% of the building's construction waste was RECYCLED! Saving tons and tons of waste from going to the land fill,178,000 Lbs to be exact!
- Through careful planning and thoughtful material ordering and design, materials were minimized, and waste generated was carefully sorted and recycled.
- Recycling reduces the demand for natural resources, by providing a source for recycled goods.
- Did you know…If every household in the U.S. reused a paper grocery bag for one shopping trip, about 60,000 trees would be saved. (S.C. Office of Solid Waste Reduction, 1996)
- San Tan Volkswagen saved over 36% of the water from a similar building.
- Dual flush toilets and low flow urinals, faucets, and shower heads contribute to this water savings.
- Utilizing a reclaimed water system reduces landscape potable water use by 100%
- In addition, the desert landscaping replaced the grass fields that had previously been at the site using tremendous amounts of water.
- This will save over 58,000 gallons per year over turf and other high-water need landscaping and potable water.
Indoor Air Quality
- Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) paints, coatings, adhesives and sealants were used throughout.
- This creates a healthier building environment for occupants and the construction crew.
- A complete building flush-out of the mechanical system was provided prior to occupancy. This is the opportunity for all of the construction air, and new product off-gassing to be pushed out of the facility before occupied.
- This creates healthier building environments.
- San Tan Volkswagen is designed to save over 20% of electricity from a similar building.
- San Tan Volkswagen achieved this electricity savings through high efficient mechanical systems, smart building orientation, and efficient thermal insulation.
- Individual lighting controls allow employees the ability to adjust the light levels of their personal space.
- These controls create a healthier building environment for occupants, which in turn improves productivity, employee health and morale.